GenNow provides Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training and consultancy packages that empower schools and community organisations with the skills and systems to create healthy, thriving young people who are actively engaged in their families, schools and communities.
We offer a range of training packages to suit your needs. See below for available options or contact us directly for an individualized quote.
Blended Online Programs
GenNow offers Community, Workplace or Tertiary Blended Online programs. The Blended Online programs are completed in two separate components:
- Course Component one:
The self-paced interactive eLearning is 5-7 hours of training time that must be completed PRIOR to attending the instructor led component. Component one is $55 payable directly to MHFA Australia and includes a program manual. Click here to register.
- Course Component two:
The Instructor-led webinars are two 2.5 hour sessions. The cost for component two is $165. Click here to register or see our calendar for upcoming dates for our Webinar training.
Total cost for the Blended Online Programs is $220
Youth Mental Health First Aid
The 14-hour Youth Mental Health First Aid course teaches any adult (18 years and over) how to provide initial support to adolescents experiencing a mental health problem or crisis.
- Program costs are $275 per participant
- Prices include a training manual and all training resources
- Student, school staff and group discounts can be applied. Inquire now
- Tailored group programs are available. Min 6 participants. Inquire now
The Teen Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) course teaches young people, aged 12 to 18 years, how to provide initial support to their friends. This course is taught over 3 sessions and can only be delivered in settings where adults have been trained in Youth MHFA. The course is delivered in two age appropriate modules:
- Years 7-9:
This module is delivered in three 60 minute sessions.
- Years 9-12:
Taught over three 75 minute sessions
- Community organisations:
The program can be tailored to any organisation that serves young people from 12 – 18 years. Contact us to discuss your needs.
MHFA Australia Guidelines for implementing the teen MHFA program:
- Training must be delivered to an entire year level within a school or community organization. GenNow has a strategic implementation plan for schools to achieve whole school coverage over three years. Contact us now for a free consultation
- At least one staff member of a school or community organization must be qualified in Youth Mental Health First Aid prior to implementing the teen program.
- A maximum of 30 students or young people per session. Sessions must be delivered over separate days, preferably with at least two days in between.
Program costs and inclusions:
- Program costs are $250 per session plus $7.50 per participant for a program manual
- All packages include a free parent and student information session and staff briefing
- GenNow offers tailored Youth MHFA programs for interested parent groups at a discounted rate of $195 per participant with a minimum of 8 participants.
- Discounted Youth MHFA training available for school staff. Contact GenNow to discuss a tailored program for your school or organisation.